Development

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TheWireMaster 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author
     TheWireMaster 
    Keymaster

In this forum I update on the progress of the development of SmartVoting

TheWireMaster 
    Keymaster

Today I’ve changed the colour of the results graphs.
    The different tones of blue are sometimes not easy to distinguish so now there are tones of 3 different colours making it easier to recognise the different results.

TheWireMaster 
    Keymaster

Today I’ve improved the view results page.
    Old PNG Google Graphs was deprecated since long, but I was using that so far for the charts on smartvoting.
    Today I’ve replaced the old Google charts with the new one. In this way there is no risk that they will just stop working.
    I’ve also added a progress bar which shows how many have voted so far.

Clear you cache and hope you enjoy!

Here an example: https://smartvoting.net/viewresults.php?u=QVJET1ItTTRMUi00TEhaLVlYN1YtRU01TDY&MSid=EYLYL

TheWireMaster 
    Keymaster

Little update on smartvoting.net
    now vote casting page doesn’t have a pre-marked answer (@palheiro :slightly_smiling_face: )
    and when a voter casted already the vote, the page will show the message telling that the vote was already casted and which vote was submitted
    here’s an example:
    https://smartvoting.net/castvote.php?p=Dbf3ZX38n9CBgiSmkoJPbStTX74XhEAHXcLfeYEA&MSid=GISZX&add=Y29ycmFkby5hbmRyaWFuaUB0aGV3aXJpbmcuY29t&n=TWFyaWEgTWFyZG8&u=QVJET1ItN1BXRi02NFdXLUtHVVUtNTRCRlY
    also there was a problem on the results page
    when there was no answer for one of the answer the graph was not showing. Also the legend was not showing for 0 result answers
    now it should be ok
    here’s an example
    https://smartvoting.net/viewresults.php?u=QVJET1ItN1BXRi02NFdXLUtHVVUtNTRCRlY&MSid=GISZX

TheWireMaster 
    Keymaster

design improvements on the home page of https://smartvoting.net
    now there are some fancy shares, some description boxes that do little moves, a button to expand the form.
    😎

Martin R 
      Participant

That looks quite mature already. Really cool! Any plan to put this into live? Suggestion: You could add an online calculator that would tell the user, how much the voting cost (the amount that is shown later in the process).

TheWireMaster 
      Keymaster

Yes, I would love to do that. In fact I was thinking at a dynamic calculator that, when you add the number of voters or you upload the csv file, that it automatically calculates the final cost.
      Also when adding more questions, it could calculate also that.
      Regarding instead the migration to “live”, I would need to wait for the 10s blocks to be implemented also there, otherwise large voting sessions might take too long to setup.

TheWireMaster 
    Keymaster

In the last days I’ve fixed an issue with long questions.
    I thought that only answers had a max of 100 characters but also questions have the same limit of 100 characters. Now that limit is enforced in the input form.
    Also here are the next things I would like to implement:
    – creation of voting sessions printed on paper
    – creation of voting sessions with delivery to Ardor addresses via encrypted messages. This assumes that people have a digital identity on Ardor and therefore the voting right will not be given to the voter address, as that would be identifiable and not anonymous, but it will be delivered as new voting address within an encrypted message. This might be inefficient in terms of costs as disposable addresses will be created at every vote and that has a high cost.

Will also create an about/contact page for people interested in a trial or getting more information about SmartVoting

TheWireMaster 
    Keymaster

Yesterday I completed the initial version of the creation of voting on PDF, which can then be printed, and delivery via encrypted messages to already existing Ardor addresses.
    Once these are properly working, then I will try to create a calculator to calculate the fees as suggested by @mroenne… not sure I’ll manage but would be nice to have so I’ll try!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 Ardor Rocks

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account