Development

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      TheWireMaster
      Keymaster

In this forum I update on the progress of the development of SmartVoting

TheWireMaster
      Keymaster

Today I’ve changed the colour of the results graphs.
      The different tones of blue are sometimes not easy to distinguish so now there are tones of 3 different colours making it easier to recognise the different results.

TheWireMaster
      Keymaster

Today I’ve improved the view results page.
      Old PNG Google Graphs was deprecated since long, but I was using that so far for the charts on smartvoting.
      Today I’ve replaced the old Google charts with the new one. In this way there is no risk that they will just stop working.
      I’ve also added a progress bar which shows how many have voted so far.

Clear you cache and hope you enjoy!

Here an example: https://smartvoting.net/viewresults.php?u=QVJET1ItTTRMUi00TEhaLVlYN1YtRU01TDY&MSid=EYLYL

TheWireMaster
      Keymaster

Little update on smartvoting.net
      now vote casting page doesn’t have a pre-marked answer (@palheiro :slightly_smiling_face: )
      and when a voter casted already the vote, the page will show the message telling that the vote was already casted and which vote was submitted
      here’s an example:
      https://smartvoting.net/castvote.php?p=Dbf3ZX38n9CBgiSmkoJPbStTX74XhEAHXcLfeYEA&MSid=GISZX&add=Y29ycmFkby5hbmRyaWFuaUB0aGV3aXJpbmcuY29t&n=TWFyaWEgTWFyZG8&u=QVJET1ItN1BXRi02NFdXLUtHVVUtNTRCRlY
      also there was a problem on the results page
      when there was no answer for one of the answer the graph was not showing. Also the legend was not showing for 0 result answers
      now it should be ok
      here’s an example
      https://smartvoting.net/viewresults.php?u=QVJET1ItN1BXRi02NFdXLUtHVVUtNTRCRlY&MSid=GISZX

TheWireMaster
      Keymaster

design improvements on the home page of https://smartvoting.net
      now there are some fancy shares, some description boxes that do little moves, a button to expand the form.
      😎

Martin R
        Participant

That looks quite mature already. Really cool! Any plan to put this into live? Suggestion: You could add an online calculator that would tell the user, how much the voting cost (the amount that is shown later in the process).

TheWireMaster
        Keymaster

Yes, I would love to do that. In fact I was thinking at a dynamic calculator that, when you add the number of voters or you upload the csv file, that it automatically calculates the final cost.
        Also when adding more questions, it could calculate also that.
        Regarding instead the migration to “live”, I would need to wait for the 10s blocks to be implemented also there, otherwise large voting sessions might take too long to setup.

TheWireMaster
      Keymaster

In the last days I’ve fixed an issue with long questions.
      I thought that only answers had a max of 100 characters but also questions have the same limit of 100 characters. Now that limit is enforced in the input form.
      Also here are the next things I would like to implement:
      – creation of voting sessions printed on paper
      – creation of voting sessions with delivery to Ardor addresses via encrypted messages. This assumes that people have a digital identity on Ardor and therefore the voting right will not be given to the voter address, as that would be identifiable and not anonymous, but it will be delivered as new voting address within an encrypted message. This might be inefficient in terms of costs as disposable addresses will be created at every vote and that has a high cost.

Will also create an about/contact page for people interested in a trial or getting more information about SmartVoting

TheWireMaster
      Keymaster

Yesterday I completed the initial version of the creation of voting on PDF, which can then be printed, and delivery via encrypted messages to already existing Ardor addresses.
      Once these are properly working, then I will try to create a calculator to calculate the fees as suggested by @mroenne… not sure I’ll manage but would be nice to have so I’ll try!

TheWireMaster
      Keymaster

Wow… that’s a long time I don’t post in here! πŸ™‚
      But but but… since July 2019 there are plenty of updates to SmartVoting.
      First of all, we have a smartvoting.io twin website that contains the beta features.
      Amongst many, here a few highlights:
      – 2 child chains used for the platform. This allows 100 tx/block X 2. Therefore we have double bandwidth. The 2 child chains used are Ignis and Bitswift.
      – An additional voting method: “analog with weighted votes”. This allows to give different users, different vote weight. This is useful for shareholders voting. Each pdf page containing the unique QR code contains also the name and address of the voter. Ideally this would be automatically put in an envelope and sent to the address submitted.
      – Reusable voters. This allows a company or an entity that has to issue several votes in the future to take advantage of the HD wallet functionality introduced this year in Ardor. The voting session issuer will simply switch the “reuse” button on the creation form, use the SEED instead of the passphrase and make sure that the first address generated from the SEED (ID0) has enough Ardor to create the voting session.
      – a fee for SmartVoting. An additional 0.1 Ardor will be paid for each voter. Eg. A voting session for 100 voters will cost 10 Ardor to SmartVoting besides the network fees.
      – The first Live SmartVoting session was done using the twitter bot to vote for the slack logo. Therefore the code has been adapted to the Livenet block interval, etc.
      – The questions are now sorted according to the order submitted. This was not the case in smartvoting.net and therefore the questions were shown to the voters in random order.
      – The end date doesn’t need to be in UTC time zone anymore. The creator can just use its own timezone.
      – Results page improvement (only for SmartVoting on livenet). This shows the results also with a bar graph besides the pie.

This is what hopefully what will come next:
      – website page need some work. Design and content are undergoing a revolution. πŸ™‚
      – The creation form should be dynamic. This will allow to check immediately if the user has enough funds, if the end date is too late, etc. In the current version the user will only find out once the process starts. If one of these conditions are not met, then the user has to fill the form again. Not nice. πŸ˜‰
      – The creation process should run in the background or there should be a way to recover an interrupted creation session. The user can add an email address where the file or the end of the creation will be sent without asking the user to stay on the browser page until the process if over. That could also take hours in the case of big voting sessions.
      – Show previous voting sessions to the vote issuer once the SEED or passphrase is added to the form.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Β©2020Β Ardor Rocks

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account