Store wallet passphrase QR code

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      TheWireMaster
      Keymaster

I was wondering… would be be possible to use the SIGBRO app to store and show the passphrase QR code of the stored account?
      That would be handy, for example, when having to input the passphrase in the official client. Would be convenient to just use the PC camera and scan the passphrase QR code.
      Maybe this functionality is already there, but I don’t know how to use it.

Arthur
      Participant

No, the mobile app doesn’t have that functionality. It stores the passphrase (externally in the mobile’s keyring) but doesn’t show it, ever. The idea is to use the app INSTEAD of your passphrase.

For example, if you go to the https://ardor.nxter.org node, you’ll see that it has a plugin installed.
      What the plugin does, is hide the passphrase field and instead show a QR code, that you can scan with the SIGBRO app.
      So, instead of scanning your passphrase into the client, you scan the transaction in to your phone. Signs it there.
      That way it’s safe to use any 3rd party online node. The SIGBRO app shows you the transaction details before you sign, and it doesn’t use the node for that, so if the node tries to send a “wrong” tx to you, you will see it in the app and not sign it.

About the passphrase QR code though – SIGBRO Offline (https://www.nxter.org/sigbro-offline) prints a paper wallet with the passphrase QR code, which can then be used to scan. I use that all the time myself. Most times when I change to a new account in the SIGBRO app because it doesn’t support more than 1 account at a time yet :p

I haven’t felt comfortable with the idea that the mobile app could show the passphrase. If someone get access to it, or someone takes a picture of it when you have it on the screen…. but now on second thought… the app is protected by a PIN, the paper wallet can’t be… heh.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by Arthur.
      • This reply was modified 7 months ago by Arthur.
      TheWireMaster
      Keymaster

eheh… yes, that’s true about the paper passphrase QR code. πŸ™‚
      I’ve tried to go on your ardor node, but I still see the passphrase field and no QR code.
      But I could successfully login to nxter with the app. Really cool!

Arthur
      Participant

Hey, where is my answer and the rest of our conversation? I am confused haha

Anyways, when you are logged in with your account, and you try to for example send 1 ROCKS, instead of the passphrase you should see

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      TheWireMaster
      Keymaster

yes… eheh… that’s something I have to make better… when you reply to a forum topic you get also a notification on the buddypress feed. and you can also comment there but those are comments to the “activity” and not the forum… πŸ™‚ I’ll try to make that better.
      anyway, back to sigbro… I didn’t try that yet… will try that asap!

TheWireMaster
      Keymaster

ah! it works! Sorry, I thought that I could login with the sigbro app in the ardor wallet, but it’s about signing each transaction, and that’s pretty cool how it works.
      Sorry, I should have tested this before.
      Regarding this mixed comments and lost conversations, now it should be better. Now it’s not possible to reply to forum updates in the activity stream, so users are forced to go to the forum topic and reply there.

Arthur
      Participant

>Regarding this mixed comments and lost conversations, now it should be better.
      It is! IMHO, at least. I like to keep the conversation in the forum, or DM’s. But I cannot like your answers here, can I?

>I thought that I could login with the sigbro app in the ardor wallet
      It’s a good idea. We haven’t prioritized it because it’s so easy to log in with alias, and there’s so much more to develop for SIGBRO. But it would be an awesome showcase of the Auth feature and useful too. Maybe one day πŸ™‚

TheWireMaster
      Keymaster

I’ll look into that. What is possible is to activate likes in the forum too, but one could like the same thing twice, once in the activity stream and once in the forum and the count of likes will be independent, and that’s what I didn’t like. I’ll see if I can fix that or at least find a workaround. πŸ‘

TheWireMaster
      Keymaster

Likes activated on the forum topic pages. Now I need to find the way how to hide the like button from the activity stream for forum elements, a bit like done with the comments.

Arthur
      Participant

Ah, so cool! I can like it here πŸ˜€

Arthur
      Participant

When I go to my “frontpage” (Ardor.rocks) I can see that I liked your post above, and I can’t do it again.
      No sure if that’s what you mean. I am not familiar with “streams” or where to find them but I guess they would show on the frontpage.

TheWireMaster
      Keymaster

You should be able to like in both places and that’s basically the same thing that happened with the comments.
      For example, let’s take this reply to the forum topic I’m writing now. You can give it a like if your on the topic page and you can like it again on the frontpage. Best would be to do what I could do with the comments. That is avoid commenting and liking on the frontpage (or group page if it’s a group forum) for forum related updates (topic + replies).
      It should be possible to do it… just need some time to find out how… in the meantime double likes means double $ROCKS for who receives the likes! πŸ˜€
      Nice to see some $ROCKS being distributed thanks to our conversations yesterday!
      https://ardor.tools/account/ARDOR-RQCK-SFQ8-4PAX-FLTZX

Arthur
      Participant

Hahaaa, we better keep talking then πŸ™‚

Ok, I now managed to like your post twice.

More OT: have you ever looked into https://www.buddyboss.com/platform?
      It looks like it’s buddypress compatible but looks more “familiar” or intuitive designwise, to Mark Zuck followers. I am just asking out of interest.

TheWireMaster
      Keymaster

that’s right! πŸ˜€
      Yes, BuddyBoss is big in the buddypress scene… πŸ™‚
      I never tried their themes but they do look nice.
      I’m now trying on thewiring.com this: https://codecanyon.net/item/youzer-new-wordpress-user-profiles-era/19716647
      This is also very nice, but there are some things that are not perfect, specifically in regards to the liking and rewards connected to that. Basically the user who pushes the like button gets points and not the one that receives them which is stupid, especially if those points are converted to an asset on Ardor.
      But in order to change that behavior one would need to know how to create custom myCred hooks and that is something that I didn’t really try much.
      Instead here I use the wp ulike plugin that allows to give points to who receives the like which is how it should be.
      Once I stop experimenting with thewiring.com I might look more into BuddyBoss and see if there the myCred hooks are set correctly.
      Anyway, my goal now is to make a reward plugin that works like here or thewiring.com so anyone can install it on their buddypress site and start distributing their own Ardor asset. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Β©2020Β Ardor Rocks

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account