Heart rate monitoring

Did you experience "health paranoia/obsession" because of a smartwatch?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • I don't have a smartwatch / don't measure health parameters
  • I experienced something similar
  • No, I never had that
  • Yes, I know what you mean
  • Yes full-blown health paranoia πŸ™‚

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TheWireMaster 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     MrMoeJoe 
    Participant

Hey!
    Do you have a smart watch with a heart rate monitor? I had a fitness tracker with a heart rate monitor. There I was also able to monitor my resting heart rate. The interesting part is, that when your resting heart rate goes up suddenly more than 10% then you can expect to get sick (cold or flu or something like that) within the next 3 -5 days. It works pretty reliable.
    And that was my problem. I really got somehow paranoid and obsessed with my resting heart rate πŸ˜€
    Did you experience something similar with the monitoring of health factors?

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  MrMoeJoe.
     TheWireMaster 
    Keymaster

I have and had some smartwatches. I use the heart monitoring feature only when going jogging.
    But is that something that the watch observes for you? Or is that something that you check by yourself? I mean the 10% increase in resting heart rate?
    Now I will start checking that all the time! πŸ˜€

MrMoeJoe 
      Participant

So I had a Tracker from Fitbit. It calculates your resting heart rate. And after some time you know your base resting heart rate. It’s a good indicator of fitness. The more fit you are, the lower it is (although I think there’s a point where it’s so low that you should see a doctor because you are dead or something…)
      And if you know your normal resting heart rate then you just see when it goes up 10%

TheWireMaster 
    Keymaster

My resting heart rate in this moment… Maybe I’m dead… 😁

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  TheWireMaster.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Β©2019Β Ardor Rocks

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account